Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Dining Experience: Department of Caffeine (D.O.C.)

Here's a short one before I head to bed!

Made it to D.O.C. this afternoon with my loveliest yiyan for lunch. The journey to this cafe was an arduous one....... We got cheated by gothere.sg!!!! It was said that we had to alight at outram park MRT and get off exit H. That's a lie. It wasn't the most straightforward nor nearest route. At. All. We eventually found our way to the cafe using our trusty iPhone maps.

I didn't capture many photos at D.O.C., probably because I was too 1. hungry 2. dehydrated 3. tired (from all the walking). It was not too difficult to decide what to eat given their menu is pretty limited. I settled for a steak sandwich and iced coffee, while yiyan had a sundried tomato and herb waffles and flat white.


The only foodie picture I took (whoops). The sandwich did taste nicer than it looks though! The beef slices inside the sandwich was very flavourful, and the lettuce and onions in the sandwich did complement the taste of it too. But I did have a problem with the sandwich..... The bread was too difficult to cut. It was tiring trying to cut the pieces of bread into bite size and when yy was done with her waffles, I was only halfway through my sandwich. Eventually, when I was (finally) on my second half of the sandwich, I gave up on one side of the bread, poked the fork through the other, and started biting it off instead. Yiyan's waffles, on the other hand, was so much easier to eat! I also liked how there's both a sweet and savoury taste to this.

As for the cost, the prices are pretty reasonable for the quality of food they are serving I would say. Oh, and they don't charge GST and service charge!! The price you see on the menu is really what you pay, which is great! :)


Ending off the post with a picture of yiyan and I after our lunch date, with D.O.C.'s toilet in the background (hahaha) That's all for now. Sleep tight everyone!!!

Department of Caffeine
15 Duxton Rd

No comments:

Post a Comment