Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wisdom tooth surgery

I mustered all the courage I can find within myself and got one wisdom tooth out yesterday! It was a crazy process..... I give myself countless of pats on my back!! Perhaps the only time I felt pain was when the dentist injected the anesthetic into my gums. But still.... It was scary!!! (at least to humji me) Throughout the whole extraction process, I was blindfolded so I couldn't see what was going on. But the drilling sound was pretty freaking! Wished the dentist gave me earplugs too lol. I was so glad when the whole process (which took about 40 minutes) ended!! Super thankful for my awesome dentist who was encouraging me throughout the whole surgery and my favourite boy for accompanying me to this war hehe.

Currently, I'm on antibiotics and anti swelling medicine to prevent myself from looking like a bazhang! I ditched the painkillers today woohoo~ The most annoying part of this is definitely the post surgery sigh. When I got home after the surgery yesterday, I couldn't really eat. So all I had was a pathetic bowl of porridge. Thank goodness my wound has stopped bleeding so I'm eating a little more today. My stomach, however, is still almost permanently hungry haha!! I'm hoping I can eat proper food by Thursday because it's gonna be a special day for someone special! :) *prays*

I also went to google the food people often eat after their wisdom tooth extraction and here are some:
 

1. Mashed Potatoes 
I had some of these today yumzzz! This is such a good alternative to the boring porridge! :)

2. Smoothies
Can someone get me some smoothie king now? Till now I haven't gotten to try the drink, but I heard it's really good! And anyway, it's not advisable to use straws because of the pressure! And best if the smoothie is well blended too :)

3. Ice-scream (A.N.Y.T.I.M.E.)

4. "Cream of..." soup
I love creamy soup so this works for me too yayzzzz

Generally, it's always good to avoid solid food for the first few days when the stitches are all around to prevent the food from getting stuck. Even when the stitches are out, it's also necessary to clean the "hole" that forms as a result of the absence of a teeth after meals. Keeping the area clean helps to prevent dry sockets, which sound terribly painful and troublesome :( I'm hoping I don't get them!

Seriously, with three more wisdom teeth in my mouth now, I'm really hoping they wouldn't cause me any problems. But oh wells..... What are the chances?! Probably sooner or later, I'll have to get them out :(

BRB FINDING COURAGE NAOOOOOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment